We all scream for Ice Cream; especially when the temperature is soaring!!!! There is nothing quite like the taste of Home-made Ice Cream.
I love no-churn Ice Cream recipes. Yes... it is possible to make home-made Ice Cream without one of those Ice Cream machines. The end result is a creamier, smooth and fresh taste ice cream.
Black Cherry is one of my favorite Ice Cream flavors, but when combined with crushed Graham Crackers is just heavenly. Today I wanted to share with you my easy to make Black Cherry Swirl Ice Cream recipe; with Black Cherries and Graham Crackers as the main two ingredients...
Black Cherry Ice Cream
- 12 oz. pitted cherries (thawed if frozen), halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 graham crackers (chopped)
- Ice Cream Cones
1. Add cherries, sugar and 2 Tbsp. water to a large saucepan.
2. Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Stir often, until cherries soften and the liquid thickens; about 10-15 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes, until cool.
4. Beat cream, condensed milk and vanilla on medium-high until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes.
5. Fold in the graham crackers.
6. Add half the cream mixture into a loaf pan or a 2-qt freezer-safe container.
7. Spoon half the cherry mixture on top. Using a knife, swirl the mixture through the cream. Repeat once more.
8. Freeze until set; about 4 hours.
9. Once set, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Before beating the cream; put bowl and beaters in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
Black Cherries and crushed Graham Crackers is the perfect combination for this creamy, summery Ice Cream delight!!! Make this Ice Cream even more special by serving it on a Waffle ice cream cone. To avoid a drippy Ice Cream cone, drop a mini marshmallow in the bottom before adding your scoops.
Enjoy this recipe and make those warm, fun-filled Summer Days even more special!!! Remember....
Summertime = Ice Cream.....