Halloween is finally here!!! Casper was one of my favorite cartoon characters growing up. He was a cute, sweet and friendly ghost.
I stumbled upon a package of Halloween Casper decorative napkins. I could not believe my eyes!!! The Casper of my chilhood printed on Halloween napkins!!! I love this child ghost and since I have been in a "Coaster Making" kind of mood lately... I figured, let's make a set of Halloween Coasters with these cute napkins.
- 4 - 4" Square Ceramic Tiles; purchased at Home Depot for 16 cents each
- Halloween Decorative Napkins
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Clear Acrylic Sealer
- Orange Felt
- Pair of Tweezers
- Using Tweezers, remove the outer layer of each Napkin.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge all over the tile.
- Apply Napkin to tile. Smooth out with the brush or your fingers to smooth the surface and remove air bubbles.
- Fold the napkin edges towards the back of the tile. Smooth with the foam brush. Let it dry 5-10 minutes.
- Apply 2 more coats of Mod Podge all over the tile. Let dry 5-10 minutes between coats. Let dry completely before spraying the Acrylic Sealer.
- Trace tile onto the Orange Felt.
- Following traced lines, cut felt squares. I use my pinking shears to add a decorative edge to the squares.
- Using hot glue gun, apply felt square to tile's back section.
I love how these coasters turned out. Although I was not able to finish these coasters in time for Halloween, I am pretty sure they will grace my table next year.