I joined the Mason Jar Fun Blog Swap - Crafting Edition.
For this fun swap, a Mason Jar must be decorated and filled with five of my favorite craft supplies and/or leftovers.
My swap partner is Kim Sminkey from Tiaras & Bowties. I decided on a Country Theme to decorate my Mason Jar. The jar could add a country farm feel to Kim's kitchen.
- Glass Mason Jar. I purchased a "Ball" Smooth Jar at ACMoore.
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Country Clip Art (Roosters, Stars, etc.)
- Remove the jar's lid, set aside.
- Print and trim your images.
- Apply a thin layer of Modge Podge to one side of the Mason Jar.
- Carefully, apply your images. Smooth any wrinkles with your fingers.
- Repeat on other side. Let dry 10-20 minutes.
- Apply 1-2 more coats of Mod Podge all over the jar to seal the design surface. Let dry completely.
- Measure around the jar's band; about 11" long x 1/2" wide.
- Using these measurements, cut the band strip from the scrapbooking paper.
- Glue scrapbooking strip around the jar's band.
- Place the jar lid on back side of scrapbooking paper or choosen clip art and trace around lid. Cut out paper circle on traced line.
- Place jar lid on jar. Twist on jar band.
- Attach the gift tag to the jar using a piece of Twine.
- My crafing items included Acrylic Paints, Foam Brush, Washi-Tape, Embroidery Floss.
- The Mason Jar is now filled with all the crafting goodies.
I hope Kim likes my country theme Mason Jar. I enjoyed this swap and looking forward to others in the near future.