Summer is finally here....4th of July is my favorite Summer Holiday. I love to decorate my home with Sparkles, Stars and Stripes.
I wanted to create Red, White and Blue decorations to bring some Patriotic Spirit to the outdoors. On a trip to my favorite Thrift Store, I stumbled upon a Galvanized Pitcher, for wish I paid $1.00. I also found Galvanized Buckets at Target for $1.00 each.
I decided to decorate these newly findings with Stars, Stripes and 4th of July graphics, using Mod Podge, Napkins and Scrapbook Paper.
Here is what you will need to make this project.
- Galvanized Pitcher
- Galvanized Buckets
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- 4th of July word graphics
- Napkins with Stars
- Scrapbook Paper with Stars and Stripes
- Small chipboard or wooden star
- Pair of Tweezers
- Polyurethane - I used Minwax Clear Satin
- Cut Stars from Napkins. Use the tweezers to remove the outer layers.
- Find Graphics or trace your own 4th of July phrases using scrapbook paper. Cut following tracing lines.
- Using scrapbook paper trace small stars using the chipboard or wooden star. Cut following tracing lines.
- Using 2 napkins, trace and cut 2 stars using the small chipboard or wooden star and 2 from the striped scrapbook paper. If you wish, split the stars in two sections to create a two-toned star.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge and add the napkin Star to the bucket's center. Add the tiny stars around the center Star. Let dry for 5-10 minutes. Repeat on other side, let dry.
- Apply a second coat of Mod Podge all over the bucket. Let dry 15-20 minutes
- Follow steps 4-6 to make the Stripped Star Bucket.
- Trace and cut the phrase, "4th of July" or your choice of phrases from any graphics onto scrapbook paper.
- Add a coat of Mod Podge on one side of the bucket. Apply letters and stars. To make it easier to handle the small stars, use the tweezers.
- Smooth any wrinkles with your fingers and let dry for 5-10 minutes. Repeat on other side.
- Apply a second layer of Mod Podge. Let it dry completely.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to one side of the pitcher. Add a large star to the middle section and small stars around it. Let dry 5-10 minutes. Repeat on other side.
- Add more small stars to handle and spout.
- Use your fingers to smooth any wrinkles.
- Let dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of Mod Podge all over the Pitcher. Let dry for 15-20 minutes.
- For extra protection, apply a coat of clear polyurethane all over the Pitcher and Buckets.
I love the Americana look of these galvanized buckets and pitcher. The buckets can be used to hold your utensils, napkins or other items you wish to display as part of your 4th of July table setting. The Pitcher can be used to hold flowers and flags.
Happy 4th of July!!!!