Wednesday, August 1, 2012

10
Christmas Subway Canvas Art


I recently joined The Creative Exchange - Handmade Gift Swap; where a swap partner is assigned and
hand-made gifts are exchanged.


My swap partner is Brooke Arceneaux from Covered in Grace. Brooke and I exchanged our Blog and other Social Media information. To find what Brooke would like to receive, I visited her Pinterest boards.

I found my project's inspiration from Brooke's "Quotey Thingies" board. This board is filled with inspirational quotes and Subway Art. After browsing this board, I decided to create a Christmas Subway Art Canvas, to carry on the Christmas in July theme.

The Hosts are:

The Grant Life
Covered in Mod Podge
Covered in Grace


Materials:
  • 12" x 12" canvas
  • Acrylic Paint. I used Social Art Working in Burnt Umber; a specially formulated acrylic paint for Canvas Art, purchased at Joann's Fabrics
  • 2 Foam Brushes
  • Mod Podge
  • 12" x 12" Scrapbook Paper
  • Paper trimmers or scissors

Directions:
  1. Paint the Canvas including the sides and all around the edges. Let dry 20-30 minutes.
  2. Trim the scrapbook paper a bit smaller than the canvas; about 1/8" on all sides.
  3. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the back side of the scrapbook paper and onto the canvas.
  4. Apply scrapbook paper to the canvas. Smooth any bubbles with the brush or a credit card.
  5. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top and edges of the canvas. Let it dry 5-10 minutes.
  6. On a flat surface, place canvas facing down on a piece of wax paper and smooth any bubbles from the back side.
  7. Wait at least 25 minutes to dry before displaying your masterpiece.
My canvas is ready for mailing. I thought I send Brooke a sheet of Stickers and 2 magnets she can personalized to her liking.

And here is my wrapped handmade gift. I can't wait to find out how Brooke liked her gift. I enjoyed participating in this Swap and looking forward to others in the future.

Merry Christmas in July!!!

Linking to:

Today's Creative Blog

Visit thecsiproject.com


10 comments:

  1. What a fun gift and love the way you wrapped it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subway art, Maria! That will be a great Christmas decoration. Thanks so much for participating in the Creative Exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I pinned it! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your subway art! Makes such a beautiful gift!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and cute! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun exchange! I love that you took the care to learn more about your partner!

    Thanks for sharing this fun project on Show & Tell at SNAP!

    xoxo, Tauni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its better to use handmade gifts idea for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! So cute. :) Thanks so much for linking up to our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover