Thursday, December 15, 2011

0 Felted Knitted Trees

I love Knitting and Crocheting Felted projects, especially for the Holidays. These Christmas trees were inspired by the wonderful tutorial from the blog, THE PURL BEE.
I enjoyed making the Embroidery French Knots which created the tree ornaments. You might find this video helpful on how to make FRENCH KNOTS. I used a Circular and Double Point Knitting Needles #10. Fortunately, I had a stash of Felting Yarns. Any Felting Yarn will do. You might need a different Needle Size according to the specific yarn you choose. Felting Yarns can be found at your local Yarn Store or by visiting REYNOLDS LITE LOPI YARNS and VALLEY YARNS BERKSHIRE both available at WEBS or PATONS YARNS are available at AcMoore and Joanne's Fabrics. The Purl Bee's tutorial also includes the Felting Method which suggested adding Soap but I prefer adding 2 tablespoons of Baking Soda for a small wash load. After one cycle, check for size. My trees took 3 wash cycle repeats, before I ran the rinse and spin cycle. I hope you give this Tutorial a try.... Happy Holidays....
CONTENT © SWEET YARNS   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover